Parkinson Partners, LLC (PPLLC) provides in-depth Parkinson’s disease (PD) consulting on a broad range of issues and topics with patients with Parkinson’s disease (pwps) and their families, as well as community groups, businesses, senior service agencies, and medical and non-medical providers.
Patient and Family Consulting
As your PD education and non-medical consultant, we:
- Educate clients and their caregivers (care partners) about the disease;
- Help clients communicate better with their healthcare providers by preparing them for and accompanying them to appointments, as well as follow up on any instructions given to them;
- Help clients by ensuring that critical questions are sufficiently addressed by their medical providers;
- Provide clients with tracking tools for their symptoms and medication side effects;
- Help clients access all resources and options available to them so that they can make informed decisions;
- Help clients and families build a support team;
- Help clients with short and long-term planning; and
- Provide lifestyle consulting to help you through the changes associated with the disease.
As your PD lifestyle consultant, we provide practical, day-to-day advice and effective strategies for living well with PD at every stage of the disease, we:
- Offer short-term and long-term strategies for proactive planning;
- Offer education about Parkinson’s disease to extended family and friends;
- Offer tips and techniques on how to maintain an active lifestyle;
- Suggest activities and ideas to stay engaged with their communities; and
- Provide lifestyle coaching as adjustments and transitions need to occur.
Community Groups, Businesses, Senior Service Agencies, and Medical and Non-medical Providers
Examples of some of the issues addressed are:
- Assessing home care and home health clients;
- Review of current programs and recommendations for improvements;
- Speaking on behalf of the agency to educate healthcare groups, business groups, patient groups;
- Set up and management of training programs for internal staff;
- Formation of and facilitation of support groups for patient and for caregivers and families;
- Training of support group leaders;
- Creation of specialized training for caregivers and internal staff;
- Working closely with case managers to educate them about Parkinson’s disease;
- Assisting internal staff with lifestyle recommendations for patients and caregivers;
- “Ground zero”: an inside view of living with someone who has PD;
- Formation of support groups and successful leaders;
- Facilitation techniques for dealing with difficult emotions; and
- Lifestyle maintenance concepts for Parkinson’s.
And more as needed and agreed upon.
[button url=”https://parkinsonpartners.com/consulting” class=”button” size=”small” color=”pink” target=”_self” lightbox_content=”” lightbox_description=””] Learn More [/button]
Learn more about the services offered to Medical and Non-Medical providers here.