Parkinson Partners LLC and You
Read The Advocacy Story.
Parkinson Partners LLC (PPLLC) provides individual patient advocacy and education for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and their families. As your personal Patient Advocate, we offer an expert in Parkinson’s disease (PD) to facilitate communication with all your medical providers and to serve as a guide and confidante as you go through the stages of this complex disease.
We are your family surrogates who are experts.
WHAT WE DO:
- Educate clients and their caregivers (care partners) about the disease;
- Help clients communicate better with their healthcare providers by preparing them for and accompanying them to appointments, as well as follow up on any instructions given to them;
- Help clients by ensuring that critical questions are sufficiently addressed by their medical providers;
- Provide clients with tracking tools for their symptoms and medication side effects;
- Help clients access all resources and options available to them so that they can make informed decisions;
- Help clients and families build a support team;
- Help clients with short and long-term planning; and
- Provide lifestyle consulting to help you through the changes associated with the disease.
WHAT WE DON’T DO:
PPLLC does not provide medical care of any sort, including, but not limited to, administering medications, injections, changing of dressings, assisting with colostomy bags, and any and all other medical services that would normally be performed by a doctor, nurse practitioner, nurse, therapist, or other medical provider.